Can I start over?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
:D I think I'm the third to say, take them all. I just had a look your identification thread. 13 different types of plants? For free? Take 'em! (y)

My reasoning? (Well... 13 different types of plants for free!!) Cottage gardens usually have a fairly large variety of plants. The plants are a bit close together. It looks like you are going to be tripling your planting space. More plants filling it in is going to make it look established quicker.

And...maybe...just maybe :sneaky: ... if you dig up too many plants and bring them home, maybe your husband would be willing to give up just a little more precious grass!! :whistle: I have a feeling you're going to have to win the yard by inches! :ROFLMAO:

If not, find them homes around the house, shed or garage. After you look at all of them for a year, maybe you'll want rid of one you thought you liked, and love one you thought you didn't.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Lynn, that is so much nicer and more natural now. Leave the plants along the path until you can move them in the spring, if you still want to. You are going to have a lovely garden (if you bake, perhaps an oven offering for the neighbor who is giving you all those plants?).
Tell your husband that to cover the damaged areas in the grass, you could put decorative containers with nice plants in them on the boo-boos ;).

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Tell your husband that to cover the damaged areas in the grass, you could put decorative containers with nice plants in them on the boo-boos ;).

marlingardener, I like the way you think! :ROFLMAO: I was going to suggest a birdbath or a little water fountain, then I noticed the lake in the background.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3a/3b
Country
Canada
Thanks so much everyone.
I am winning the grass over inch by inch. I'm Almost finish digging and filling the path with earth, it looks so much better.
Today or tomorrow I should be starting to put plants In. I'm so thankful for all the amazing plants I get to choose from for free!!!

I need a YOUNGER body!

Reaction score
Country
United States
No matter what you do you still have the white stones and a straight walk. You could work with the straight line in a formal garden but the white stones have to go or at least be broken up (not the stones the color). Possibly putting mulch on them and running the same mulch into the garden area. This would give the illusion of a curved walk and path in the woods.

Ask a Question