Can anyone please tell me what these things are for?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just cannot work out what they are... the ''blades'' are quite flexible.........

DSC01634.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I believe those are called Grass Cutting Swords but I have a hard time believing anyone would mow a lawn with them. Can't you just imagine some guy out in his yard wearing flip flops and baggy shorts swinging a couple of these things as fast as he could and the grass just flying. A great job for Zigs

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I believe those are called Grass Cutting Swords but I have a hard time believing anyone would mow a lawn with them. Can't you just imagine some guy out in his yard swinging a couple of these things as fast as he could and the grass just flying. A great job for Zigs

Tai Chi with verve...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I believe those are called Grass Cutting Swords but I have a hard time believing anyone would mow a lawn with them. Can't you just imagine some guy out in his yard wearing flip flops and baggy shorts swinging a couple of these things as fast as he could and the grass just flying. A great job for Zigs

Thanks very much for such a swift reply. My imagination is running riot, and it's a jolly good job Ziggy wouldn't be seen in flip flops or baggy shorts........ especially on naked gardening day :whistle:
I have no idea where these came from, but they really don't seem sharp enough to cut anything. Maybe I should hide them up, just in case Zigs decides to have a go............................

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking about doing a sabré dance with them :eek:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
During the wash maybe you could sharpen them a bit as Tetters earlier complained of their dullness?

They were dull and bendy, often get complaints about that. Getting on a bit :(

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'll get me coat.....

Ask a Question