Does anyone know what this is please?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
IMG_0037.JPG
This pic was taken a year ago and it is twice as big and quite lovely but i can't remember it's name. One of the gardeners on our gardening show Gardening Australia, Jane, gave what i think is a great suggestion to stop this happening. Take a small flattish stone 8cm or 2 inches, slap on white paint and then write the name of the plant in pencil. According to Jane it doesn't wash off or wear off and placed inconspicuously under tha plant is much less of an eyesore than the tags which don't last anyway. I think it's a great idea and hopefully I'll spend the time to do it. Maybe a rainy day activity as long as I collect the stones beforehand.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
It is a beautiful bush and i feel like i should know it. I am wondering if it could be some kind of Laurel?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Got me...it is really pretty though. Flowers don't look quite compact enough for hydrangea but maybe a different cultivar.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks for your input. I do know it's not a an hydrangea but thanks anyway Chuck. One friend suggested something that sounds like laculia, phonetic spelling not actual spelling as I have tried googling but to no avail. Hopefully someone may know but in the meantime I should take a specimen to my local nursery.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I just checked out your Indian Hawthorn and the flowers do look the same, thanks DrCase. We mybe getting some where.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks everyone but "By gove I think I've got it";)..... with some help from a gardening friend....Luculia Pinceana Pink Spice. Grows to 3-4 metres and it is now about 3 metres, flowers in winter which it is doing and I just toddled out in the half light in the drizzle to jog my memory and it has a lovely quite welcoming fragrance. I'll write i=t in big letters on a sheet of paper and file it in my Gardening File which is lots of scrappy notes on scrappy pieces of papers shoved in a sleeve in the filing cabinet but I actually do find stuff sometimes:eek::confused:

Ask a Question