Can anyone tell me what this sweet flower is please?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20171024_032604.jpg
A lovely family friend, friend of my parents so we have a lovely history, gave me some bulbs just before Christmas last year. When I asked her what they were she couldn't remember what she had given me. I'd love to find out so I can send her a photo with its name. It a lovely colouful pretty little flower and at present I call them Lois Flowers:love:. Thank you in anticipation :) (tried to exit title but can't seem to do it?:confused:)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I do not know the name of your flower. :(

I call them Lois Flowers:love:

:ROFLMAO: If great minds think alike, then ours must, too! :p
I have a houseplant we call "the Diner plant" for much the same reason!! :LOL:

(tried to exit title but can't seem to do it?:confused:)

You have a period of time known as an "edit window" and if you want, you can edit your thread title within that "window of opportunity." When you are the originator of the thread, look at the upper right of the thread, and you will see a link that says "Thread tools." As long as you are in the window, "Edit title" is one of those tools. :) Once the window is closed, you have to contact a moderator or the admin staff to change it for you. (Does that make sense? :confused:.)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like @Zenji 's previous avatar.. H???

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I'm sorry, I do not know the name of your flower. :(

:ROFLMAO: If great minds think alike, then ours must, too! :p
I have a houseplant we call "the Diner plant" for much the same reason!! :LOL:

You have a period of time known as an "edit window" and if you want, you can edit your thread title within that "window of opportunity." When you are the originator of the thread, look at the upper right of the thread, and you will see a link that says "Thread tools." As long as you are in the window, "Edit title" is one of those tools. :) Once the window is closed, you have to contact a moderator or the admin staff to change it for you. (Does that make sense? :confused:.)
Thanks MaryMary. I'm about to post a thread so I will che check out Thread Tools.to get to the Title;).
I'm gathering your Diner Plate Plant came from a diner. I first read it as dinner and pictured a huge one.;)
I saw tne Thread Tools title so thanks MaryMary. Ofcourse it has gone from my thread now, not that large a window of opportunity :p but hopefully by checking it out this time I'll know what to do if I need it in future.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Something very familiar ...(n) Perhaps one of the types of Ixia?
Thank you Larisa. I checked it out and it does look like an Ixia. There was an image of a Mabel Ixia on line, same colour but i couldn't see the centre. But Ixia will do very nicely :). I'll send it off to Lois today .
I've just been to my plant with the on line image and.... Eureka.... it is a Mabel Ixia. :love::LOL:(y). Thanks Larisa .

Last edited:

Ask a Question