Anyone knows what’s wrong with my plant?

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Hi fellow gardeners, I’ve recently bought a small indoor plant from Muji 2-3 months ago, and it’s starting to wither. I am not too sure the plant type, and has no idea what is causing the issue.

Initially the plant started to wither from the smaller branch. I thought there’s a lack of nutrients, so I bought some liquid fertiliser. However a few days ago a few of the leaves on the larger branch started turning white and wither as seen in the photo below. Is there anyone that recognises the issue? I am just a beginner and would appreciate if you could help :cry:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum @Achieng91. It is very possible that your plant has been under or over watered. Very often you'll find this happens, when plants stay in the shop for a long time and the staff simply don't give them water.
If it were mine, I would check this out first, and cut off the affected leaves with a sharp clean blade. Do let us know how you get on with it.

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Thank you for your reply @Tetters!! I found out that the plant type is peperomia puteolata and read that it has low water requirements. Been watering it only 7-10 days, but not sure if I’m giving it enough water. I will take your advice and check it out first and get back later!

Ask a Question