Bush beans or pole beans?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have some bean plants that are growing very well. I transplanted them from a local nursery and the tag simply said “green beans”. I’m not sure if they are bush or pole bean variety. They recently sprouted tendrils out of the top, most of them are 18-24 inches long. Please help me identify whether they are bush or pole beans so I can trellis if need be. Thank you!!

Attachments

• 91A25DEB-9C50-4374-94F2-728B3D363198.jpeg
    91A25DEB-9C50-4374-94F2-728B3D363198.jpeg
    325.1 KB · Views: 145
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pole beans grow high enough to demand a trellis and bush beans are short enough to get by without a trellis. You have pole beans that need trellising. They are looking good too, you are doing a good job and thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have some bean plants that are growing very well. I transplanted them from a local nursery and the tag simply said “green beans”. I’m not sure if they are bush or pole bean variety. They recently sprouted tendrils out of the top, most of them are 18-24 inches long. Please help me identify whether they are bush or pole beans so I can trellis if need be. Thank you!!
Attachments
Pole beans grow high enough to demand a trellis and bush beans are short enough to get by without a trellis. You have pole beans that need trellising. They are looking good too, you are doing a good job and thanks for sharing.

Ask a Question