bush green beans

Reaction score
Country
United States
Help ! This has now happened for the second season. I planted Blue lake bush beans in my garden. I planted about 30 seeds in a fairly small area. After about 65 days as in the last season I started seeing bushes grow but than I have other stemmed weeds or plants overtaking the area. I thought at first they were the green beans but as you can see by the picture toward the bottom left there are green beans. Because I am planting many seeds in a small area about 3' X6' is that why this is happening ?

Attachments

• IMG_5806.JPG
    IMG_5806.JPG
    270.5 KB · Views: 228
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Help ! This has now happened for the second season. I planted Blue lake bush beans in my garden. I planted about 30 seeds in a fairly small area. After about 65 days as in the last season I started seeing bushes grow but than I have other stemmed weeds or plants overtaking the area. I thought at first they were the green beans but as you can see by the picture toward the bottom left there are green beans. Because I am planting many seeds in a small area about 3' X6' is that why this is happening ?
had to give up growing bush beans something is eating the leaves in the early stage

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a/7b
Country
United States
You have weeds because you never weeded your garden, not because you planted 30 seeds. It should be easy to recognize what's a weed and what isn't, look at pictures online if you're having problems with IDing the plant you planted, beans are really easy to recognize when they come up.

Ask a Question