Bug infestation over night..

Reaction score
Country
United States
8FCE5388-641B-4579-9F30-2EDA903DA06F.png

can anyone help me identify these bugs? they’re only on two of my many squash outside and only on two separate flowers i found them bunched like this picture

Reaction score
Country
United States
never seen aphids this large. lol was kinda shocked. you think those black bugs are helping them or eating them? lol i know the ants love to farm aphids

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I thought the black things are lady bug larvae but it's hard to tell with the blur. It looks like they are eating the plants. But ya those big fat green things are aphids.

Reaction score
Country
United States
also what is everyone spraying on their plants? as ipm? i’ve used spino neem and plant therapy before. but feels like these guys are immune to it lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
also what is everyone spraying on their plants? as ipm? i’ve used spino neem and plant therapy before. but feels like these guys are immune to it lol

Somethings that work on the insects don't work on their eggs so the eggs hatch later giving the ideal that the insecticide was ineffective. I think @Chuck said one time that neem oil kills the eggs but I don't know.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Somethings that work on the insects don't work on their eggs so the eggs hatch later giving the ideal that the insecticide was ineffective. I think @Chuck said one time that neem oil kills the eggs but I don't know.
Yes, that is what Neem does best, smother eggs. Where most gardeners fail is that they only spray the plant. Many insects lay their eggs in the soil so a soil drench is required. That is why I always advise folks to mix up more of the spray than they need and use this excess as a drench. Also, most insects that lay their eggs on the leaves do so on the bottom of the leaf and most gardeners do not take the time to spray all of the undersides of the leaves. Neem also has a short shelf life once opened.

Reaction score
Country
United States
i’m gonna ensure i spray well tonight, covering every inch. haven’t soil drenched with neem before so that will be something to do this week

thanks for the input 🙏🏽🤙🏽

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
i’m gonna ensure i spray well tonight, covering every inch. haven’t soil drenched with neem before so that will be something to do this week

thanks for the input 🙏🏽🤙🏽
Kinda like double work isn't it? Just make double the amount of spray and what you don't use pour around the base of the plant.

Ask a Question