Bromelea looking sick

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Please have a look at the attached picture of an very sick looking bromelea. This happened over the past week or so. Leaves are turning brown. Mother plant has 2 ea babies. Plant is kept indoors (occasionally outdoors with direct sun to give it some more light) with little light and watered regularly to keep the leafcups full. Water draining from bottom of pot removed immediately. Please help and can it be saved?
20220203_093935.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is the normal way a Bromeliad (Bromeliaceae) grows. The central rosette has flowered and is now beginning to senesce. When it is completely brown it can be removed. The offset rosettes will continue to live and grow.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
This is the normal way a Bromeliad (Bromeliaceae) grows. The central rosette has flowered and is now beginning to senesce. When it is completely brown it can be removed. The offset rosettes will continue to live and grow.
Thank you. I was scared as I had placed the plant outside in an shaded area but the sun got hold of it after a while as I forgot all about the plant. So this is a normal process then.

Ask a Question