"Brilliant " idea for a planter !

Reaction score
This is just breathtaking...i can visualize this in my garden with anthurium plant when it is in full bloom...i think it's about full time i capitalize on my thoughts.

Reaction score
Omg.... this got to be one of the best ideas I have ever seen on here, I wear that if I ever get the chance I will definitely do this! It definitely looks like a doable project, plus I truly love how those planters shine!

Reaction score
did anyone ever try this paint? I just got some good sized house numbers and I'm considering spraying them with this. just wondering if anyone has real experience with how bright it is and how durable since they will always be exposed to whatever weather is happening.

Reaction score
Brilliant! I could think of some really cool party ideas. I am dabbling in party planning and this would be great for outdoor parties and some specially themed/designed indoor parties as well. I wonder, when you shopped for this paint did you notice any other cool colors? How many hours will they glow? Thank much for sharing this. --peace

Reaction score
did anyone ever try this paint? I just got some good sized house numbers and I'm considering spraying them with this. just wondering if anyone has real experience with how bright it is and how durable since they will always be exposed to whatever weather is happening.
Rustoleum makes the paint that is shown in the photo. Rustoleum's website says that their glow in the dark paint is suitable for outdoor use, so you can use it on your house numbers.

Reaction score
Brilliant! I could think of some really cool party ideas. I am dabbling in party planning and this would be great for outdoor parties and some specially themed/designed indoor parties as well. I wonder, when you shopped for this paint did you notice any other cool colors? How many hours will they glow? Thank much for sharing this. --peace

It only comes in the usual luminescent green that most glow in the dark items have and the glow lasts 4 to 8 hours.
All the information is available on Rustoleum's website.

Reaction score
well, i forgot the name brand but ended up with rustoleum anyway.

took more spraying than i thought. i couldn't get the numbers to glow evenly and had to spray them over and over. just did it tonight at work and i don't know when i'll get them mounted. since winter is coming (they're mentioning the dreaded "s" word already) i guess they'll get tested right off the bat.

Reaction score
Sounds like you have to use a lot of paint to make it look good. But the outcome seems worth it.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I saw this picture, and just love this idea for a glow in the dark flower planter. It is SO easy to make, also. You just paint the planter with glow in the dark paint, and during the day, it absorbs the sunlight, and at nite, it will glow like it was lit up. I think this would work for anything you wanted to give a special feature in your yard and garden.
This also made me think that maybe a planter decorated with those glow stars ( like you put in kids bedroom ceilings) would be really pretty, as well.
View attachment 714
Oh that looks absolutely beautiful! What a great way to transform a garden into something magical. I am going to get this done right away as my garden could use a little romance.

Ask a Question