Brazilian Pepper ?ROOTS?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Talk' started by talerco, Nov 4, 2018.

1. talerco

talerco

Hello;
    My neighbor has a beautiful old Brazilian Pepper tree close to lot line. On my side there is a row of what I would call volunteers which have been allowed to grow for several years. I want t get rid of them - OK with neighbor. Plan is to kill with RoundUP and then cut down.
    QUESTION - Are these from seeds or could they be root connected to neighbor's tree? If connected, I probably don't want to kill with RoundUP - correct?
    Thanks!

talerco, Nov 4, 2018
    Gail_68 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. talerco

Chuck

They possibly could be connected to the mother tree but are probably from seed. These are nasty, very invasive plants that are taking over Florida. They should all be exterminated. In fact the state is trying to exterminate them and have passed laws forbidding them.

Chuck, Nov 5, 2018
    Gail_68 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. talerco

JHB

I would guess they are from the roots. Whenever those trees are cut down, hundreds of new trees pop up. Also when the roots are ground up hundreds pop up. Horrible trees.

JHB, Nov 5, 2018
    Gail_68 likes this.
  4. talerco

Silentrunning

Don’t worry about killing your neighbors plant. You couldn’t even if you wanted to. :mad:

Silentrunning, Nov 5, 2018
    Gail_68 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question