Blueberry plant not doing so well

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b/9a (right on the border between two)
Country
United Kingdom
Raspberry plants could benefit from a yearly pruning, as far as I know. The trailing berries, in general, have a tendency to be quite vigorous in their growth. As such, you do not want them to get too `out of hand`. It is important to note that if there is a thorn-less variety of trailing berry in the garden, it will not grow as vigorously as the thorny variations. Additionally, if a seed from that plant grows, the "child" plant may have thorns, regardless of the status of the parent plant.

I was spreading the spend coffee grounds in the soil around the base of the plant. If one keeps drinking coffee then coffee can keep being spread around to make soil more acidic. This would be done on a regular basis, in the same way that one might fertilise something like a tomato plant for example. Sadly, I did not get into the routine of doing this.

Reaction score
Country
United States
don't fertilize the 1st year, their small root system won't be able to handle it! buy potting soil with compost/canadian peat moss and that should last couple yrs or so, blueberry need certain winter temp at certain hours to fruit, same as raspberry I believe

Ask a Question