What kind of Blueberry Plant?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can anyone inform me of what species or kind of Blueberry plant I have? I would like to add an additional plant for cross pollination, but do not want to buy the wrong type. Any suggestions of another type of blueberry that will pair well with what I have?

FYI, I have three of these plants planted close together in a triangle.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Blueberry Plant 1.jpg
    Blueberry Plant 1.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Blueberry Plant 2.jpg
    Blueberry Plant 2.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 109
Reaction score
Country
United States
It would be very difficult for me to identify which blueberry you have. There are five major varieties of blueberry grown in the United States, these are lowbush, northern highbush, southern highbush, rabbiteye and half-high. Blueberry (Vaccinium corymbosum) bushes are self-pollinating to an extent, but grow larger fruit through cross-pollination by a second variety. Both varieties of blueberries involved in cross-pollination need to have bloom times that are at the same time of the season to be successful. Most early season varieties will be ready to pick in June, but you will have to wait until the July for mid-season or August for late-season berries. You may have to wait and see what flower time your bushes have this year and then match them next year for crossing.

Ask a Question