New sunshine blueberry plant growth

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently transplanted my young blueberry plant into a container on the patio. It seems to be growing nicely (a lot of new leaf growth).
I noticed this growing out from the bottom. It doesn't look like the other new leaf growth (different shade of green/different leaf shape). Is it a weed, or part of the plant?

Thank.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180404_183105.jpg
    MVIMG_20180404_183105.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 260

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum!

I think it's new growth. Plants, including flowers, change colours all the way through their life cycles. I was a big idiot to rush to buy a double hibiscus because a woman said it changes colours in a day! :eek::LOL:

One woman said she wanted to buy a pink and a green hellebore plants whilst in fact they were all white when in full bloom.

No need to be alarmed by the new growth. But I am not sure if it fits in the greater scheme of fruiting. Someone else might be able to give you better advice! I have only started in earnest in the last 2 years. Enjoy!

Ask a Question