blue rose

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum gardenbee. :) Not just roses but I love most blue flowers. Of course there isn't a perfect blue rose but they come close. Here is mine below......

'Blue For You'
Rose 'Blue For You' (2).JPG

Rose 'Blue For You' (1).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's an absolutely gorgeous rose Sheal!:)
As for your question, Gardenbee, I've never been a big fan of blue flowers. My favorite color of roses is white:)

Reaction score
Sheal ,that is one really gorgeous rose! Thanks a lot for sharing! I'm guessing in real life this rose looks a bit more bluish rather than purplish? For some reason I always have troubles when it comes to taking photos of blue or purple flowers :/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you Trellum. Yes, all blue roses tend to have a pink hue and pictures here on the internet tend to show a colour difference. If you can imagine taking a little of the pink out of my pictures then the rose is slightly bluer than you see here. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I like basically all colors of roses - especially if they're a nice bouquet from my husband! ;)

In all seriousness though, I think it's just a stunning looking color for flowers. Very unique, and I think that's part of the charm!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Sheal You have such beautiful roses and I love the close up shot of it!

I think blue rose or any type of flowers with blue tint is very special!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you IcyBC. I've just been going through my seed catalogues for the new growing season and I find it hard trying to resist all the blue flowers. That said I have restricted myself to just one. :) Nigella (Love in a Mist)

upload_2015-12-28_16-54-54.png

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I have never grown blue rose. Your pictures are lovely. I have a question. Do we have a dark blue variety of rose?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
No Vinaya, there is no dark variety of blue rose, in fact there is no true blue rose at all. There will always be a pink pigmentation in the flowers.

Ask a Question