Rhapsody in blue rose has bloomed

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
My new standard roses have started to bloom - they are called Rhapsody in Blue because of the bluey-purple flowers.

photo 10.JPG

photo 11.JPG

As you can see from the photos there are a lot of buds just about to burst so I can't wait to see what it looks like when they are all out! :)

Reaction score
Gorgeous! I love the rich color. Wow and you do have a lot of roses to come.. Enjoy them. :) I envy your roses :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Becky, your roses are so beautiful! They look very unique. Also, the name "Rhapsody in Blue" sounds lovely. Thank you for sharing the pictures with us. In my opinion roses are the most gorgeous plants in the entire world:D

Reaction score
I tried to grow this one many years ago, but the established rose bushes kind of prevented it from growing much. Ended up giving it to a friend who was moving.

Reaction score
Oh my goodness these are absolutely beautiful!! Thank you for sharing....I smiled at the sight. It much be beautiful to walk out and enjoy that sight. Enjoy!! I'm planning on planting my very first rose bush- wish me luck :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lots more out today, but it's raining and miserable outside so I'll try and take some photos when it has brightened up a bit :)

I chose them because Rhapsody in Blue by Gershwin is one of my favourite pieces of music - in fact I walked down the aisle to the 'slow bit'!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Lovely, Becky! One of these days I'll have roses again (sigh). My grandmother used to have a "purple" rose. The color was a sort of mauve, not a true purple, but I remember being fascinated with how it was possible to have a rose that color. Before then roses were either red, white, pink or yellow.

Reaction score
Very lovely! And how gorgeous that plant will be when more start to pop!

Two of my rose bushes are in full bloom at the moment and it's so beautiful! I tell them how pretty they are! One of these plants has been on the property for over 30 years and still is gorgeous every year. So neat!

I also have wild roses on my property. The smell is heady, it's so strong, but I love them and am always so cheered to see them in bloom in the middle of our woods!

Reaction score
Lovely! I just planted six knock out rose bushes and only have three blooms!:p

Ask a Question