Black spots on your roses and toe nail fungus too?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
A totally organic method of detering and/or getting rid of black spot and other detrimental fungi is whole ground cornmeal. The exact same stuff as in the grocery store. NOT THE ENRICHED CORNMEAL, whole ground. For plant fungus put about a cup of cornmeal into the toe of a sock and tie up the sock. Soak overnight, squeeze the water out of the sock and pour the water through a fine strainer into your sprayer and get to work. For toe nail fungus make a slurry and soak the affected toe nails about 1 hour every evening. When you put your socks on in the morning put a teaspoon or two into the sock. Do this for a week and you will be cured. Works on athletes foot too. The reason it works is because whole ground cornmeal has its own beneficial fungus called Trichoderma which eats detrimental fungi

Reaction score
Wow, Chuck, you do know a little bit of everything! I'm truly impressed! I had no idea that I could use cornmeal in the garden and to treat toenails fungus! That's just amazing! Until now I was using it only for cooking, but it's great to know cornmeal is also an organic aid for the garden. Thanks a lot, Chuck!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Wow, Chuck, you do know a little bit of everything! I'm truly impressed! I had no idea that I could use cornmeal in the garden and to treat toenails fungus! That's just amazing! Until now I was using it only for cooking, but it's great to know cornmeal is also an organic aid for the garden. Thanks a lot, Chuck!
Remember it is only the whole ground and not the enriched. BTW the so called enriched corn meal has had 27 riches of whole corn removed. Makes a lot of sense don't it?

Reaction score
I hadn't heard of that before but it is a terrific and simple solution. I figured that the cornmeal had something in it that would negate or destroy the rose and foot fungi.

Ask a Question