Advice needed: black spots on alyssum

Reaction score
My alyssum has developed black spots over its entirety (see accompanying photos). The spots appear more as "burned in" versus raised. I've tried spraying with a water/baking soda mixture, as well as spraying with a tomato & vegetable insect killer to no avail. Thank you for any advice you may have.

Attachments

• IMG_1246.jpg
    IMG_1246.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_1247.jpg
    IMG_1247.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 467
Reaction score
It is not unusual for these plants to develop spots in winter. My plant in full bud has leaves with black spots. I just removed the leaves to allow fresh growth.. as these are succulents they don't take the winter cold very well, but survive all the same.. Don't worry too much. A good light source ( even a tube light ) would do your plant some good, take care not to over water your vulnerable plant.

Reaction score
It is not unusual for these plants to develop spots in winter. My plant in full bud has leaves with black spots. I just removed the leaves to allow fresh growth.. as these are succulents they don't take the winter cold very well, but survive all the same.. Don't worry too much. A good light source ( even a tube light ) would do your plant some good, take care not to over water your vulnerable plant.
Thank you!

Reaction score
Here is a small update to what I did to remove them completely. I painted the stem after the flowering was over with one part dish wash liquid and 7 parts water. I did it once every week for three weeks washing it down with water on the second day to avoid any burning. This seems to have done the job for my plants . They are growing back healthy and beautiful.

Ask a Question