Help/Advice Needed for Indoor Water Fountain!!

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi!

This is my first post here.. cos I desperately need some help with my indoor water fountain. Please let me know if I am posting in the wrong forum as I couldn't find a more suitable forum.

This is probably our 4th water fountain that the vendor changed for us. But the same problem is occurring again - he came and checked, but could not find out the reason. All he said was that the water could have 'back-flowed' from the water sprout, and that I should monitor it and let him know again.

The fountain is placed indoor, on the 6th storey of an apartment, no wind at all, no external factors that could have caused this. I have removed all stones, and left some fake plants (as you can see from the picture). [Note: Even with the plants taken out, the problem still occurred..]

The fountain would be ok for some days all in a row (without leakage), and then suddenly, it would start to leak from the two areas that I have indicated in red in the picture here. Initially I thought it was the water level, and I tried to fill the water up to a certain level, and it stopped leaking for a while. But suddenly, the leakage came back today.. and although I filled water to the same level, the leakage continued, from the two areas that I have indicated in the picture attached.

I desperately need some experts to advise me here.. . as it is driving us crazy, as the pattern of the leakage is so erratic, I failed to find the reason.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

My water fountain picture - click here

Reaction score
Country
United States
It could be that the bottoms are porous. To determine if they are turn off the pump and let the water sit. Be sure that the fountains are full. Let it sit until you are certain that it isn't a leaking problem. Next tape some thin tissue or toilet paper on the sides away from the spout and away from the bottom. Now run the pump. The next time that you see the water on the bottom check the paper on the side. If it's wet then you know that the water is hitting the spout and running down.

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
It seems like the bowls might not be water resistant enough ... or there is a splash effect

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
hi, thanks for your reply. what do you mean by the bowls/bottoms are porous or not water resistant enough? Is there anything that I can do about this? One year later, I'm still having this problem.. any help will be much appreciated.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You could use Dryloc paint or hydraulic cement on the inside. The cement would be harder to use because the area is so small and it's really meant to be put in cracks. It can, however, be used on flat surfaces but you'd have to figure out how to spread it quickly.

Ask a Question