Black Spots on Monstera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need some help please, I just have no idea what’s wrong!
So I brought a Monstera from Primrose online about 3 wks ago, I’ve never grown one before. Everything has been going well until I noticed one of the leaves has black spots forming.
So the plant is kept in my bedroom on top of my dresser so it’s on the opposite side of the room to the window & radiator. It gets sunlight from the window & Ensuite window but not direct sunlight. I’ve watered only once since I got it and misted the leaves (it was soaking wet when it arrived) I last watered it 5 days ago but the soil is very slightly moist to touch so I wouldn’t say it needs watering yet. It’s in a 15cm pot which it was delivered in then it’s sat inside a decorative pot so has good drainage & it’s not sat in water.
It’s near the en-suite so get humidity when the showers on.
So please does anyone have any ideas, I’d hate for it to die.
So photo is what it looks like & now the black spot leaf.

Attachments

• 6D45249E-ADFC-4380-A9A4-1807A435C800.jpeg
    6D45249E-ADFC-4380-A9A4-1807A435C800.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 34D6BC4A-B6A0-40A6-8792-CE341291253C.jpeg
    34D6BC4A-B6A0-40A6-8792-CE341291253C.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Black spots on leaves can possibly mean a number of things. Usually drainage and irrigation is investigated first, as this is often the cause, but not always. As you only had the plant for three weeks, some of this could be a delayed effect of transport or change in location. It looks like one of the smaller leaves has the black spots, so utting it off and disposing of it would be reasonable.

Your description of care sounds fine, though of course something may be off. You could go higher with the light, even some direct morning sun, which will increase growth and vigor. Be sure to incorporate an occasional application of a complete liquid fertilizer into the care regime.

Ask a Question