United States
20230110_083321.jpg

NigelJ

Still Learning
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick isn't it.
I had 8 40 - 50 ft tall Lawsons Cypress taken out at the start of December and was pleasantly surprised at how quickly they came down by a team using a similar type of cherry picker. The removal of the trees, grinding out the stumps, some other trees having their crowns thinned and completely clearing the site took two days. Leaving me with another 150 square yards of usable garden space.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Will all that wood go in the wood stove in a couple of years? Or will you try hügelkultur? :)
My good neighbor is taking the wood for his fireplace. he lives right next door. We have a fireplace. No more a wood stove---had it taken out----used it for about 20 years---tired. But if we want some romance with the fireplace I know my good neighbor will spare hunks we need. If you notice the brown tarp tent----that belongs to my neighbor--its full of his wood. We have been next to each other going on 36 years. Good people. His wife unfortunately is suffering from dementia, he's keeping her home as long as he can . When I bake things----he always gets stuff. And, the tree actually was on his property. He did not care that we took it down, less leaves for both of us to deal with, and less acorns. It was the issue with the acorns hitting the car roofs, especially the show car, can't get a nick in that paint would cost too much to repair it. We also have a splitter machine we can lend him if he needs it.

Ask a Question