Big chill facing the Midlands

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
gb
Hi,

Just returned home driving from the top of the valley at Grange Moor; -3C up there but a lot warmer lower down for us at -2C. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Country
gb
Becky. Not even a bruise and the back is no worse than it always is. Thanks.
Managed a second walk this afternoon and the temp must have been above freezing as the mud along the lane was slushy, not solid like it was first thing. No snow for us, if they have got it right and not as low temp as last night.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
us
So it froze and then we had about half an inch of snow. Walk turned into a slide and a fall. Elbow hurt, but I felt myself going so I dropped rather than going a over t.
Blue skies and defrosting now.
Mind what we get is nothing compared to the temps forecast for parts of the USA.
What really gets me about the forecast is that the weather station for round here is almost visible from our upstairs and they still get it wrong even when all they need to do is look out of the window! And don't get me started on the 'latest' Satellite images. Laugh when it shows us hidden under clouds and the sun is cracking the slates and vice versa.
Ouch! Falling on ice is something I worry about with Becky be-bopping around here on the hill. I hope you did not even bruise!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
gb
Good morning all light cloud and gentle breeze temp 0 to 3c
Last night hubby sprinkled a lot of salt on the drive, around the front path and over the road where we walk the boys. But we only had a light dusting of snow, but the salt worked.

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
gb
Well it's been cold here today but the sun was out in full force and brought on half my garden lights :LOL:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
gb
Very cold today with strong winds and sunny afternoon but still windy and cold.

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
gb
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
gb
Erik was quite useful, it brought down a lot of small bits from the trees along the lane. Came home with a couple of armfuls for the fire. Very good wood as it is all dried, dead stuff which burns beautifully.

Ask a Question