My bigger garden.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've posted many pictures of our gardens and often I've commented on how steep our valley is so I'm happy to add a few pictures of our immediate area where Bron and I live. I've just enjoyed a walk to the valley bottom to visit our local store to treat Bron to a couple of girlie mags and to enjoy this very rare beautiful Yorkshire summers evening.

I've not walked to the store for at least two years because of our usual dire weather but when the weather is as beautiful as this there is nowhere else I would rather live. Our view across the valley is panoramic; I've taken pictures of the public footpath which begins only 100 yards from our home at the head of the cul de sac; the path drops down so steeply steps have been cut into the valley side apart from a short stretch where it's more level; the pictures don't really show how steep it is and the path is now badly overgrown but a lovely walk in spite of this.

Returning home in the valley bottom I thought I'd take long distance views but my camera thought otherwise as the battery expired; my luck seldom changes but I enjoyed the walk even if I did arrive back home tired.

The whole area we live in is like this and it's truly wonderful but in a blizzard we know about it.

Kind regards, Colin.

DSC00658.JPG

100 yards from home heading down.

DSC00659.JPG

A reverse shot uphill from a bit lower down.

DSC00660.JPG

A more gentle slope.

DSC00663.JPG

Here it drops down steeply.

DSC00664.JPG

Never ending steps and its very steep indeed here but I angled the camera uphill to get more in.

DSC00665.JPG

A picture across the main road valley bottom.

DSC00666.JPG

Along the valley bottom; main Penistone Road to Sheffield.

DSC00667.JPG

Just getting interesting when the camera battery expired. Very noisy walking here with traffic passing in such close proximity.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Nice one Silentrunning. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)

It's surprising just how noisy cars are when they pass so close at 40mph; bigger vehicles like double decker busses and heavy wagons blow me around quite a bit as they pass; it's not usually the engines which are noisy its the tyres.

It just felt so special as I enjoyed the walk yesterday because I wasn't wrapped up like an Eskimo and Blackie wasn't watering me. I thought I'd share the moment.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Your Have to do it again With a full battery .........that's a Steep Path maybe take a mountain bike next time :)

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion Daren. (y)

Its 55 years ago since I rode a cycle; my parents bought me a 250cc BSA C11 when I was 15 in readiness for my 16th birthday; by the time I was 18 I was running a 1,000cc Ariel Square Four which I blew up on the M6 motorway near Preston forcing my chum Baz and I to spend the night in Crewe railway station; a huge breakdown truck had collected us from the motorway. Any bike I would ride these days must have at least 750cc although when I married Bron I calmed down and now prefer the comfort of a decent car. :)

I can only walk 100 yards each way along our street before I'm either going up or down the valley; Bron and I live about 1/4 mile up the valley but the valley side goes a great deal higher climbing to the top of the world at Grange Moor or across the valley up to Crosland Moor and from there The Pennines can be seen; it sure is hilly here and anyone out for a walk needs to be fit and healthy.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion Daren. (y)

Its 55 years ago since I rode a cycle; my parents bought me a 250cc BSA C11 when I was 15 in readiness for my 16th birthday; by the time I was 18 I was running a 1,000cc Ariel Square Four which I blew up on the M6 motorway near Preston forcing my chum Baz and I to spend the night in Crewe railway station; a huge breakdown truck had collected us from the motorway. Any bike I would ride these days must have at least 750cc although when I married Bron I calmed down and now prefer the comfort of a decent car. :)

I can only walk 100 yards each way along our street before I'm either going up or down the valley; Bron and I live about 1/4 mile up the valley but the valley side goes a great deal higher climbing to the top of the world at Grange Moor or across the valley up to Crosland Moor and from there The Pennines can be seen; it sure is hilly here and anyone out for a walk needs to be fit and healthy.

Kind regards, Colin.

Previous to my onset of sanity I owned a BSA 441 Victor. I believe that is the proper name of it. That bike is the reason my right leg is about 1/2” shorter than my left leg.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cor - not just me then! My right leg is also a bit shorter than my left leg. Have to be careful not to walk funny :joyful:

Ask a Question