Best Fertilizer For Growing Tropical Fruits

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Chuck Once my soil's nitrogen level gets back to normal, do I have to re-apply nitrogen ingredient every year? I heard P and K remain after each season but Nitrogen is used up and gone after each season so we have to re-apply nitrogen ingredient every year to make sure the nitrogen level is sufficient. Is that correct?
Yes, you should reapply NPK. Just because P and K are there doesn't necessarily mean they are available to the plants. The very best (if such a thing exists) synthetic fertilizer may last up to 5 months in the soil but most last a far shorter time than 5 months. This is because synthetic fertilizers do not bond to the soil and they leach away or in the case of nitrogen "dissolve" into the atmosphere. Organics don't. They bond or stick to soil particles. Organic fertilizer lasts far longer in the soil than do synthetics but even so must be replaced at a minimum of once every growing season or crop rotation.

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hello , as I burn a lot of wood during winter time, I get a lot of wood ash from my Fire places. As it comes from wood, it has just the same concentration of minerals as the plants need for growing. In aditinal i feed my citrons, grapes, Paw-Paws…… with the gifts, that my dogs are providing every day and the trees are growing very fast and even they are still young, the harvest was good. At the grapes I had to cut off nearly half of the fruits in order not to overtax the plants. From time to time I support the plants with liquid fertilizer in order to give them minimum minerals like Bor....

Ask a Question