Bell pepper in my jalapenos

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just noticed this morning one of my (supposed to be) jalapeno plants is growing a green bell pepper. The plant is the runt of them all so I haven't been paying much attention to it until I noticed a bell pepper that is probably causing the plant to not grow. Strange thing is they are supposed to be all jalapeno seeds from a fresh pack I just ordered this spring. It isn't a big deal or anything but I've no idea how a bell pepper seed could get mixed up with jalapeno seeds? Kind of strange. Not sure if I will pull it so the plant will grow or let it get ripe to see how it pans out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a packet of Geranium seeds last year. There was only 4 seeds in the packet and one of them turned out to be a cabbage!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had cayennes mixed in with my pepperoncini, broccoli mixed in with my cabbage & cabbage mixed in with my broccoli.
I didn't order cayenne & the broccoli & cabbage were different flats planted on different days.
I think quality control is not that good at some seed houses.

Ask a Question