Beautiful Butterfly

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm not sure if it's true, but I read somewhere online that some adult butterflies live for more than a year and can survive winter. I hope your very unique butterfly is one of them:) I wish we knew what variety it is.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I'm not sure if it's true, but I read somewhere online that some adult butterflies live for more than a year and can survive winter. I hope your very unique butterfly is one of them:) I wish we knew what variety it is.

I wish so, too. My mom still believes though that that butterfly is my uncle. :D

Reaction score
Oh maybe! I do hope she did though. It would be a shame if I won't be able to see something like her again. (I guess that explains the number of caterpillars in our garden nowadays!)

Yeah!!!!! I'm sure you will see a lot butterflies like her soon :) Soon after I see a suspicious butterfly flying around a flowerless tree or plant I wait for a week then go check. I usually find their eggs, then after bit a bunch of caterpillars. Sadly once they do this they die :( But hopefully your butterfly lived way longer :) Longer to ''lay'' more eggs on someone else's garden :love:

Reaction score
Here is the pic I told you about guys:

10689714_1497252867195587_7898658759435980232_n.jpg

I liked this butterfly, because the inner side of its wings was purple, but the outer side was dark!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's so beautiful!:love: I love the combination of black and purple. It looks like a butterfly from a fairy tale, it's hard to believe that it's real. I wish butterflies like this lived in my area!

Reaction score
Thank you :) Maybe I should have used Photoshop to make the purple look a bit more vivid ;) Hehehe, but I like things to keep things real and natural. The butterfly color was a bit more intense in real, but my camera wasn't good enough to capture that :oops:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you :) Maybe I should have used Photoshop to make the purple look a bit more vivid ;) Hehehe, but I like things to keep things real and natural. The butterfly color was a bit more intense in real, but my camera wasn't good enough to capture that :oops:
I totally agree, nature doesn't need improvements:D In my opinion this butterfly is gorgeous the way it is. I love it! Also, it's an amazing picture, you're a very talented photographer:)

Reaction score
Thank you, Claudine :oops: I try my best when taking nature pictures, as you might have noticed I love close-ups ;) Macros are my favorite thing to do with a camera :love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I would love to be able to take close-up pictures of my miniature roses. They're so detailed and pretty! It's the main reason why I want to buy a better camera. I just need to save some money first:p

Reaction score
You can do it too :) My camera isn't even that good! You know? I use my mobile's camera :) I have a moto G, the camera is good enough. Sometimes I don't get the most detailed pics, but you can definitely get some really pretty pics :) You just need to play around wit the light.

Reaction score
This really is a nice shot. I love the angle from the top showing the spread of it's wings. Very pretty.

Thank you, Carolyn :) It wasn't as hard as you think, that butterfly was so busy eating! They had a lot fruit for them to savoir, so I took my time to take as many pics as I wanted ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
You can do it too :) My camera isn't even that good! You know? I use my mobile's camera :) I have a moto G, the camera is good enough. Sometimes I don't get the most detailed pics, but you can definitely get some really pretty pics :) You just need to play around wit the light.
I would never guess that that photo was taken with a mobile camera! It's really amazing. I have Sony Xperia Tipo. All pictures I take with it are extremely blurry:(

Reaction score
My SO has a Sony Xperia as well, isn't so old, it's the one that came out before the newest one we see today being sold, but for some reason his pictures weren't as clear as mine. Must be something wrong with the camera, have you thought of getting a moto G? They're not expensive at all!

Ask a Question