Beautiful Butterfly

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
This picture is from another gardening forum. I had never seen this butterfly before until this picture was posted.

I walked out my front door to see this butterfly on my porch, what a surprise.

2ykzz4p.jpg

Reaction score
That's a beautiful butterfly and I love your plants. Thank you for sharing your photo. You were lucky to have your camera at exactly the right moment.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I am surprised to see my photo here! :p Anyway, thank you for sharing it. I am glad that you liked it. :) I shared it another forum, too.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had to share the beautiful butterfly when I saw one on my front porch. It was just sitting there, I don't think I have ever seen one before or I may not have paid any attention. Glad you like it here.

Reaction score
Hihihihhi! Your garden looks like a mighty jungle :D Beautiful butterfly, I saw it some months ago at one of those butterfly parks. I can't remember it's name, but the view from above the butterfly (the inner side of their wings) is just amazing! I'll try to find a picture later. I know there is one somewhere! Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Hihihihhi! Your garden looks like a mighty jungle :D Beautiful butterfly, I saw it some months ago at one of those butterfly parks. I can't remember it's name, but the view from above the butterfly (the inner side of their wings) is just amazing! I'll try to find a picture later. I know there is one somewhere! Thanks for sharing!

Hahaha. It is a jungle out there! That's the less "developed" area. That space is where the cacti, ginger, pandan, and other kinds of plants are located. :p I think the reason why the butterfly was there because we can't really reach that part of the garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love gardens that remind me of a jungle:D They're so full of life! Just looking at them gives me energy.
As for the butterfly, it's very whimsical, big and pretty. Does it visit your garden often?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I love gardens that remind me of a jungle:D They're so full of life! Just looking at them gives me energy.
As for the butterfly, it's very whimsical, big and pretty. Does it visit your garden often?

Oh no. I just saw this butterfly once. We get yellow and white butterflies often though. :)

Reaction score
Although I feel more than sure that I've already seen this photo on this forum - in a thread quite recently started by helagumamela - thank you for sharing it with us again - particularly as its a wonderful photo - not only of the very unusual black butterfly but also of the extremely lush healthy looking plants in the same vicinity as the butterfly :)

Reaction score
Hahaha. It is a jungle out there! That's the less "developed" area. That space is where the cacti, ginger, pandan, and other kinds of plants are located. :p I think the reason why the butterfly was there because we can't really reach that part of the garden.

LOL, yeah! Poor little thing lost in that jungle! Been in gardens that look a lot like that and wow, not many butterflies there for some odd reason!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
LOL, yeah! Poor little thing lost in that jungle! Been in gardens that look a lot like that and wow, not many butterflies there for some odd reason!

I don't even know why the butterfly settled on the pandan plant. It doesn't have any flowers.

Reaction score
Maybe she was laying eggs? Or whatever you call it when butterflies hide eggs under or over the leaves of certain plants and trees. I have seen a lot butterflies do that, maybe this one was doing that? Remember they die quite fast! Their life span isn't long at all!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Maybe she was laying eggs? Or whatever you call it when butterflies hide eggs under or over the leaves of certain plants and trees. I have seen a lot butterflies do that, maybe this one was doing that? Remember they die quite fast! Their life span isn't long at all!

Oh maybe! I do hope she did though. It would be a shame if I won't be able to see something like her again. (I guess that explains the number of caterpillars in our garden nowadays!)

Ask a Question