Balcony gardening....

Reaction score
Thanks for putting the picture up, I couldn't get my Flickr account to work (again). The greenhouse takes up half the balcony (about 4' x 2') there is a chair in the other part, but it's a bit of a tight squeeze (or a squash if you are into silly puns).

Reaction score
I really like the idea of the basket greenhouse. This would be perfect for smaller balconies. I was also read on a website that some people use small aquariums...I know they come in a variety of sizes and quite inexpensive. Here is a photo of the basket greenhouse for those interested.
Balcony-Gardener-mini-greenhouse.jpg

That basket greenhouse is adorable and more realistic for the average person's balcony than that green armoire greenhouse that probably costs $1,200 on that huge double wide balcony.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
That basket greenhouse is adorable and more realistic for the average person's balcony than that green armoire greenhouse that probably costs $1,200 on that huge double wide balcony.
Yes I'm sure its not cheap for the armoire greenhouse. I've heard small aquariums work well too and I don't know about your area but I see aquariums at yard sales all the time for very cheap. Just a thought:)

Ask a Question