Autumn 2013

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
And the view from my room in the morning.

DSCF0013.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I love seeing mist hanging in valleys, it just looks so serene :)

That's a really unusual trunk in your earlier photos - the twisted one. What is that little hidden castle?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Think the trunk is a Sweet Chestnut, they've got twisted bark.

It's a small folly, got the remains of a cider press out the front of it :)

Reaction score
Those pictures are so beautiful. I wish I had a view like that outside my window. Right now we have freezing temperatures, then it's going to warm up again then get cold. Perfect flu weather we are having.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ta :)

We got snow forecast for next week :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Reaction score
we haven't had a snow forcast yet, but with this weather I don't think it will be long before they predict snow. I hope I'm on vacation when that happens. That way I can get out of having to go to work.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Medlars... that just reminded me of something my Grandma says - "Larrows (sp?) and Medlars" when we asked what was for dinner, and apparently her father used to say it too although she never knew what it meant. I've never heard it anywhere else, perhaps it's an old Norfolk thing!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Medlars... that just reminded me of something my Grandma says - "Larrows (sp?) and Medlars" when we asked what was for dinner, and apparently her father used to say it too although she never knew what it meant. I've never heard it anywhere else, perhaps it's an old Norfolk thing!

Can't find anything on Larrows, apart from a song about Larrows in the fields and the fact that it's a surname, interesting one, i'll just ask someone from Norfolk thats online......

Reaction score
Gorgeous photos Zigs and like Massachusetts a lot like Connecticut. Autumn is such a gorgeous time of year, I can't get enough of the beautiful foliage that we have.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

Still working on this one, possibly Larrows could be Hawthorne.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've never heard of that and would be interested in what you come up with.

It's rare to find something you can't just google these days. Wonder how long it'll be before the entire sum of Human knowledge is on the net?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's rare to find something you can't just google these days. Wonder how long it'll be before the entire sum of Human knowledge is on the net?

Thanks for trying to get to the bottom of this one! I know what you mean - answers are usually easy to find nowadays. No doubt this one is a bit tricky because the people that say it are probably not the kind who even own a computer, let alone surf the net! Good old Norfolk ;)

Ask a Question