Autumn 2013

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Feel free to add any Autumn pics, leaves, mists, fungi etc. :)

DSCF0005.JPG
DSCF0007.JPG
DSCF0009.JPG
DSCF0010.JPG
DSCF0011.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, it's such a beautiful rainbow, it looks magical! I haven't seen any rainbows in a long time, thank you for sharing it:)
Are these sheep in the first picture? They're adorable!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It was a good one, bit of a storm passing thru the UK at the moment, one minute there's Sun, the next rain.

Yep, they're Sheep, one got a bit close. Wanted feeding.
DSCF0001.JPG

Reaction score
I like Claudine, love the picture of the rainbow and also haven't seen one in along time, but after learning about what comes out of blackberries when you soak them, didn't enjoy looking at the three pictures of blackberries, in the same way :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:D I try not to think about it. The bags of blackberries and elderberries are a gallon of wine now.

Reaction score
I love the second picture! For some reason it reminds me of being home in the fall. I live in Massachusetts, so we have similar berries and leaves. The color and ambiance of the whole photo set just really reminds me of home. Love the pics!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I just had a look at Massachusetts, very similar :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It was a good one, bit of a storm passing thru the UK at the moment, one minute there's Sun, the next rain.

Yep, they're Sheep, one got a bit close. Wanted feeding.View attachment 1003

It's such a cute sheep with funny, big ears!:D I love it! And I would love to pet it and feed it!
Are they friendly? Or maybe they bite?:p

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We don't want Claudine exploding CPL :D

Some are friendly, never been bitten by one, but they can knock you over, they're a bit boysterous. That one was just plain hungry:D The farmer turned up a few minutes later with a bucket of feed.

Reaction score
Great photos, Zigs! Are you blackberries really just ripe? I love those photos...all the different textures and colors! It's so interesting to me how different zones work. My blackberries are long since gone. I've happily munched away at them, without a care for the blue bottle fly larvae, or whatever they are!

I live near "apple country" so we are full-on into that season. Hoping to visit a local apple farm this weekend. I get super hungry just looking at an apple trees laden with fruit! Add the pumpkins, gourds, and chrysanthemums to the mix and I'm on overload at this time of year! As much as I love green things growing I also love the way things look at they are starting to die back, as well as the look of bare branches on trees in the winter time!

I would love to post photos as well, but I just can't seem to figure out how to get them here. Even when I do what has been suggested it doesn't work. Feeling like a dolt over that! :(

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ta Babble :)

Everything is about 3 to 4 weeks behind here due to the cold spring & lack of sun. We've only got a few weeks till Michaelmas, can't eat Blackberries after that as the Devil wee's on them:eek:

Take it you've tried the upload a file button?

Reaction score
Ta Babble :)

Everything is about 3 to 4 weeks behind here due to the cold spring & lack of sun. We've only got a few weeks till Michaelmas, can't eat Blackberries after that as the Devil wee's on them:eek:

Take it you've tried the upload a file button?
But isn't the Devil's wee good fertilizer?

Ask a Question