Asparagus fern advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!
I have my asparagus fern for 7 days now and a branch looks a bit droopy. When I bought it, it was a bit more straight. Is that a matter of adaptation? And a new branch seems to be fading. Is there anything I can do to help the plant please ? I love it and I really want to take care of it
Thank you !

Attachments

• 0F3FE3E8-B961-4908-9ED0-35AFF28F1ED8.jpeg
    0F3FE3E8-B961-4908-9ED0-35AFF28F1ED8.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Your finely branched Asparagus-fern (Asparagus setaceus) looks healthy enough in the photo. Certainly with time, some of it fine branchlets (not leaves) will dry and wither, but if the plant is well-grown, new growth will soon replace what is lost.
Any brown branchlets may be clipped away when aesthetic grooming is desired, but otherwise there is no need to rush to do so.

To grow the plant well, give it bright, indirect light and water regularly, but always with good drainage. Fertilize occasionally with a complete liquid fertilizer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Your finely branched Asparagus-fern (Asparagus setaceus) looks healthy enough in the photo. Certainly with time, some of it fine branchlets (not leaves) will dry and wither, but if the plant is well-grown, new growth will soon replace what is lost.
Any brown branchlets may be clipped away when aesthetic grooming is desired, but otherwise there is no need to rush to do so.

To grow the plant wel.l give it bright, indirect light and water regularly, but always with good drainage. Fertilize occasionally with a complete liquid fertilizer.
Thank you for that kind answer. I will follow those advices! I’m a total newbie with plants :)

Ask a Question