Are these new blackberry canes?

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi guys. I'm new to the blackberry scene. I have my floricane Arapaho blackberry for a year now. It just finished producing fruit. Now I have noticed that it grew two new branches from its "main" trunk (marked with red). Now my question is, are those new canes that will produce next year? Aren't they supposed to grow from the roots?
IMG_20230625_195251.jpg

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
If they haven't got flowers on them they're the canes for next year. The one down the bottom looks like it's from the roots. Looks like it needs more soil around the base, i can see some of the roots. The canes that have finished fruiting you can cut them off.

Reaction score
Country
Israel
If they haven't got flowers on them they're the canes for next year. The one down the bottom looks like it's from the roots. Looks like it needs more soil around the base, i can see some of the roots. The canes that have finished fruiting you can cut them off.
Thanks Logan 😀

Ask a Question