Any tips on flower photography?

Reaction score
I wanted to take pics of the flowers in my garden and I think close-up shots really look well. I've also read somewhere that it's good to take flower shots at eye-level. Any other tips you want to share?

Reaction score
Take pictures of flower in rain or just pour some water drops on them. This will enhance the natural effect. Try to focus the object. If there is some insect on the flower don't hesitate that it will ruin the picture of it. Just capture it with that it will look great.

Reaction score
I would have said all that Earl Mike mentioned. I also have a small, flexible mini tripod that I can bend around an object or set it onto the ground.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Get in close. Macro or near-macro is available on most cameras now, so don't hold back, literally or figuratively.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I'll admit to knowing naff-all about cameras.
I have an aging Lumix DMC -TZ60 with all the bells and whistles including wi-fi.
Most of the stuff it will do, I don't use.

For pretty much everything I stick it on "Intelligent auto plus" and let it do the work for me.
For close-ups I could change the setting but just use "zoom."

I should use a tripod to get clearer definition, but they come out well enough for me.

I take a lot of photos of our garden, so far around 600 this year.

P1050203.JPG

P1050205.JPG

P1050218.JPG

P1050219.JPG

P1050220.JPG

Ask a Question