Any ideas how to tidy up these manhole covers?

litwardle

Rookie gardener, Devon, UK
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United Kingdom
that's genius! Live the rockabilly good idea with the wood. I'll seldom need access so that looks like a good idea :)
Live the rockabilly? Guess who is using their phone?! Love the rock idea that was meant to say!! Apologies!

litwardle

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United Kingdom
After much thought I have decided that what you have there are air and exhaust vents for an underground bomb shelter from the 1950's. The ultimate man cave.:LOL:
I think the only thing I'm going to find down there is poo. Would be great though! I could run power down there!! Sadly though, I'm right on the edge of a large housing development in Devon, UK, which prior to 1984 was all farmland.
They're defiantly sewerage etc just a shame there in the lawn

litwardle

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United Kingdom
wow, that is real interesting. Yep, should check first. can always do a moveable platform over them, raised, squared off. then have chairs etc on top.

That could work really well actually, I could build movable with a decking material top and have a little sun/reading/cold beer platform. That might be the way to go!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Any of the ideas that involve a removable object sound good, as you will want to maintain access, even if maintenance and repairs are rarely performed. Plant containers of moderate weight sound like the best option. They should be heavy enough to stay in place but light enough for one person to move them if necessary. Constructing an entire deck sound unwieldy, but if you feel you need or want another flat area for garden furniture, besides the concrete terrace, it is certainly an option.

Ask a Question