Another Spring of slow-growing indoor vegetable seedlings

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I only called you a name because of the remark you made about my great-grandfather teaching me to poison my garden. I had no idea how chemically bad Miracle-Gro was until Chuck mentioned it. Take back what you said, I will take back my name. Deal?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My great-grandfather was a good man, and did not teach me to poison my garden. He didn't use miracle-gro on the family garden, he used chicken litter from their houses.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I use miracle grow. My medical doctor uses both man made and organic chemistry in me all the time. Also, nobody is ever gonna tell me that oxygen for plant purpose really penetrates the top 3 inches of soil so breathing roots that reach down to nutrients or water as they see fit to do so seems like less work to me. I am not able to tell a plant what to do.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I use miracle grow. My medical doctor uses both man made and organic chemistry in me all the time. Also, nobody is ever gonna tell me that oxygen for plant purpose really penetrates the top 3 inches of soil so breathing roots that reach down to nutrients or water as they see fit to do so seems like less work to me. I am not able to tell a plant what to do.
Well, bee says I poisoned my garden with my Miracle-Gro. Then he had the nerve to say my great-grandfather taught me to poison my garden!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Well, bee says I poisoned my garden with my Miracle-Gro. Then he had the nerve to say my great-grandfather taught me to poison my garden!
He is not wrong in the sense that you make a slave out of chemically feeding a plant. There are no amino acids in your arguement for example. And protiens are the yin to the yang of carbohydrates, when feeding the soil. The chemistry of Nitrogen can be exemplified in soybean meal. Almost half protein (to be broken into amino acids) SBM is a Nitrogen division factor of roughly 5.5 the protein content. So the absence of all those aminos (proteins are sticky, very different) is a real problem organically. However if you have them and you find you are short something unknown, hit it with that miracle gro and enjoy the extra time to figure it out.

Also, somebody had to step up and teach you your bad habits. You were born perfect! Your older relatives found modern chemistry enlightened. As you find sensitivity in the digital age, They found sensitivity in chemistry and rough science. Bees has it going on. Allow some room. My lawyer would say he did not take me to raise.

It appears everybody has your best interests at heart!

Last edited:

Ask a Question