zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Cor, thats seen some action.

The tendency for the heart wood to rot away is what made dendrocronology on them so difficult for so long.

I'm not religious, I just work on Churches:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I am loving all the pictures of these huge trees, and wish I had a picture to post of the giant cedar tree that was on my parents ranch in north Idaho. It was nowhere near as big as these are, but for what it was, it was huge. I am not sure how big around it was, but underneath the lower branches, it was like a room inside there, and the room was probably 15' in diameter . The property has since been sold, and the tree removed, but I loved taking my kids in that "secret room" when they were young, and we were out there in the woods.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
gosh amazing trees but here in VA sad to say all they do is cut the forest down to make lumber and leave the mess behind .They cut some of the trees on my land by so called accident and lucky i came home when i did or they would have cut more of them down .They were supposed to forest the neighbor behind me and all my trees were clearly marked not to touch them and they still did .They went right through the middle

Attachments

• splendors gate 014.JPG
    splendors gate 014.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 496
  • house 2011 spring 010.JPG
    house 2011 spring 010.JPG
    264.9 KB · Views: 464
  • house 2011 spring 013.JPG
    house 2011 spring 013.JPG
    284 KB · Views: 474

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Blimey, thats terrible. What are they going to do about it?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
not much here as they don't care .I am not from VA so they say it was just trees ,well they were my trees .They did make him come back and clean it up and made him pay me for the trees and plant some small trees .My property was stripped of trees before i bought it and only have the woods behind me .I did plant over 30 trees all around my property though .Some are fruit trees since I am a vegetarian

Attachments

• 2012 house 042.JPG
    2012 house 042.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 480
  • 2012 house 003.JPG
    2012 house 003.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 481

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Bit like being English & living it Wales then, they see it as our fault if they vandalise our property.

Last pics are looking good:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
gosh amazing trees but here in VA sad to say all they do is cut the forest down to make lumber and leave the mess behind .They cut some of the trees on my land by so called accident and lucky i came home when i did or they would have cut more of them down .They were supposed to forest the neighbor behind me and all my trees were clearly marked not to touch them and they still did .They went right through the middle

Maybe it's a little silly but it really pains me when I hear about trees being cut. It's heartbreaking. I love trees so much and it takes so much time to grow one:( . Trees are one of the most beautiful things in this world.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, Tmann, this tree is giant - and so beautiful!
Here is a picture of an amazing Bothorpe oak - it's over 1,000 years old:

bowthorpe-oak.jpg

Reaction score
a pub in a baobab tree .... I have been there several times with my mates .... (you always remember going in, but never remember leaving and always suffer with terrible hangovers after) ...:oops:

http://www.bigbaobab.co.za/

sunland-baobab%25255B3%25255D.jpg

Sunland-Baobab.jpg

spend-happy-hour-inside-the-trunk-of-a-tree.jpg

I love that pub in a tree. That is so cool! I wish I could run a small business from inside of a tree, like an elf. It's adorable that there's a flat screen TV inside the tree.

Ask a Question