An suburban farm

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone! My fiance and I recently bought a house. Our dream of living off of a suburban farm is beginning to become a reality. In the next year, we will be converting our yard into a sustainable and edible landscape containing fruit trees and veggies. We are awaiting the keys to our house (receiving them at the end of July) and blogging the transformation. It is an exciting journey that we are about to embark on, one of healthy eating, exercise, and a good mental workout. We hope that you will join our journey too.

Please feel free to check out our blog at: https://tillingthroughlife.wordpress.com/

I am looking forward to our future interactions and advice I can receive from you all pertaining to all gardening! I am beyond excited and am looking forward to this challenging, yet rewarding, project ahead!

Thank you and happy gardening!
Annie

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Congrats on your new house!(y)

Good luck with your project ahead; I'm sure you will be able to overcome challenges easily and the sound of a suburban farm is just amazing; there will be so much fresh and edible healthy food to eat.

Wishing you the best on your journey.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
You are living my dream - being self sustainable is one of my biggest goals!

I just checked out your blog -- score on the free tomato trellis things! I actually had to go buy a couple of those this weekend - would have loved them for free!

Can't wait to see more updates!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
That's also our dream - a one hectare garden for our home. I would suggest that you plant dragon fruit and sugar apple. They are nice to eat especially if you happen to get good breeds. The dragon fruit is like a cactus but we planted it under the orchid hanger and it grew to crawl in that iron orchid hanger just like a decoration. With the sugar apple, they are small trees only but prolific with fruits. It's also a good decoration for the garden. But a grape vine is the best decor for a garden. When taken care of properly, the garden will be most attractive with a fruiting grape vine.

Ask a Question