An American's view of England

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is this just supposed to be a view of England or the entire United Kingdom? I only ask because there seem to be some people that don't know the difference. They think all of it is England.

Edit: I see this addressed half way through the quoted list.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Many years ago my wife had to phone the IMF in Washington and, somehow, ended up talking to Mission Control at Houston!!! When she found out the mistake she apologised and was about to hang up when the Colonel she was talking to asked her to keep talking because he loved her accent. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Moving here from upstate NY, I had a language problem. "Texian" is a special variety of English. I still haven't caught on to all its variations, even after nearly 20 years in Texas. All I can say is that it generally sounds friendly (unless the speaker is holding a gun) and doesn't hurt your ears, being a slow drawl usually spoken in a soft voice.
British English, and even Cockney is lovely--I could listen to it all day, even if I don't understand half of it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I wonder how an Englishman would describe Texas? Even American tourists visiting Texas find us "strange".
:)That's because y'all are strange and people from the US avoid Texas so i don't expect you get many visitors from the US, and Mexico thinks they still own it and call it TeHas.:LOL: And we won't even mention the "G" word.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:)That's because y'all are strange and people from the US avoid Texas so i don't expect you get many visitors from the US, and Mexico thinks they still own it and call it TeHas.:LOL: And we won't even mention the "G" word.

Bit like Tejon, not many languages I don't know the word for badger :D

Ask a Question