Aged pine bark fines vs hardwood bark

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
us
This is my soil. The pH is 5pH on the 2 major components and slightly higher on the lesser component. The trick is the lesser component must float up nearer the surface because I read soil meters in that range as well. You can find your soil as well HERE. There are these micro surveys, like my front yard is a different soil than the hill my house is on, and its full of charts and stuff, like the one that shows the depths the soil is found and a variety of its parameters.

Basically I already know its clay but it is nice to get outside acknowledgement that the pH readings I have been taking were more accurate than I expected.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
us
wow. sticking my pH meter into the bags of "evergreen compost and manure", I actually observed a 2pH on the meter. I also saw a 6.5. I bought cubic yard for the new kiowa blackberries and the blueberries. I saw a lot of sub 5pH numbers.

Ask a Question