Making jam with foraged berries (& garden harvest photos)

Reaction score
In the last couple of weeks, the berries have been ripening. So, we have been picking dew berries, blackberries, raspberries, and huckleberries, which you may have seen in a recent post (here). After the 4th of July, the berries will be ready to harvest in bulk.
Another fruit we have harvested is a June apple variety.

June apples

As we picked blackberries and dew berries the other day, we came across a pink variety. I have been searching a name for these berries.

With the foraged berries, we are making jams. Last night I made my first jar of jam, and it was exquisite.

You may have seen some recent photos of the big yellow squash harvest (here). The other day I picked yellow squash, greens, tomatoes, and peppers from the garden.

Original post @
Making jam with foraged berries (& garden harvest photos)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good harvest there Cassie (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Gee, I'm speechless with those photos of your harvest. Such a lot of berries are good for making into jams. But I wonder how you learned to make jams. The only jam of berry I know is strawberry jam which is popular in the northern part of our country. The bottled jam represents Baguio City, the summer capital of our country. We also have lots of mulberry that I can maybe make into jam. I just don't know how.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The pictures alone already got me drooling! What a great harvest, and the blackberries jam looks divine!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You have had quite the success with your fresh veggies and berry foraging efforts! Your garden veggies look amazing. It is just about time for me to go out and start hunting for berries to pick as well. My parents pick a lot of dew berries each year and my mom makes pies with them. They are very good, and a little more tart than a blackberry.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love all your threads, Cassie, because they're very interesting and you always post many beautiful pictures of delicious vegetables and fruits:)
I'm not a big fan of blackberries, but I think I'd like blackberry jam:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I made some freezer blackberry jam with some left over foraged blackberries recently and it tasted delicious. While it was still warm from being cooked, I spooned some over vanilla ice cream and threw some chocolate chips on as well. Needless to say, I ate the entire bowl and was in sugar heaven!

Ask a Question