A plant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Goodmorning, does anybody know what I can do to make this plant nice again, a old lady gave it to me, thanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Goodmorning, does anybody know what I can do to make this plant nice again, a old lady gave it to me, thanks

Attachments

• 20210613_135736.jpg
    20210613_135736.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 35
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is a cultivar of New Zealand Flax (Phormium cv.). It wants full sun and well-drained conditions and will respond well to a complete fertilizer, especially if grown in a container. The oldest, outer leaves will gradually die off and can be removed at that time. Therefore some yellowing or browning of the oldest leaves is inevitable, though this can be reduced by maintaining balanced watering. In other words, neither let the plant dry out nor keep it constantly wet. Consider, the dying leaves to be part of the plant's 'look'. In proportion, they do add color. It is usually considered best to remove each dead leaf entirely, but many Phormium growers do cut off some dead tips. This is an aesthetic decision, and will not effect the plant's health.

Despite the yellowing tips, your plant looks in good condition, though it will eventually become overcrowded in a container that size. At that time you can either plant it in-ground or divide it and repot or plant each division,

Ask a Question