Stuggling pepper plant

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have 8 verious Chinese Capsicum potted and set in an area whith good morning sun and shaded from roughly 3:30 pm . I water 2 x daily erly morning and evenings and on weekend being i'm home mid day if hot out i add more water to the soil taking care not to wet the foilage .
On Friday it was 97f / 36c , i returned home from work only to find my Reaper Bell ( my own hybrid ) Was in rough shape. the pot that was quite moist now bone dry and my poor plant near dead . This is the only one of my seeds that germinated , and first generation so as you can imagine i'm quite desperate to save this plant . Any suggestions will be greatly Appriceated.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have 8 verious Chinese Capsicum potted and set in an area whith good morning sun and shaded from roughly 3:30 pm . I water 2 x daily erly morning and evenings and on weekend being i'm home mid day if hot out i add more water to the soil taking care not to wet the foilage .
On Friday it was 97f / 36c , i returned home from work only to find my Reaper Bell ( my own hybrid ) Was in rough shape. the pot that was quite moist now bone dry and my poor plant near dead . This is the only one of my seeds that germinated , and first generation so as you can imagine i'm quite desperate to save this plant . Any suggestions will be greatly Appriceated.
Pictures of the size of the pots would be a big help. Wilting in the hot afternoons is normal. Wilted in the AM and they need watering. Send pics, if not too far gone. Will probably help greatly

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This morning i have some ne growth so i removed what fruit had started so the plant can focus on growing . An unfortunate sacrifice, but it gives me a better chance of saving the plant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
This morning i have some ne growth so i removed what fruit had started so the plant can focus on growing . An unfortunate sacrifice, but it gives me a better chance of saving the plant.
Consider the use of a loose tinfoil cap to shade the pot. Get stick thermometers and monitor the pot temp to be sure. You are operating in temps used for cooking and dehydrating.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Just an update . Due to my overly busy schedule and excessively dry weather i lost my plant , but no major deal it was missing It's mate and was not yet truly a hybrid so i was back to sqare one any way , but on the bright side my cherry tomato / roma and vise versa are in stage 4 and now producing a similar fruit , the roma parent group giving a slightly larger an more pearish shaped fruit than the cherry parent group . based on what i can see and have seen i'd guess i'm about 6 gens from both groups producing the same plant and fruit but thats just a guess based on current knowledge, who really knows i could be as wrong goat in galoshes .

Ask a Question