A Natural Recipe For Killing Weed

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I use it mostly on the walk ways and drive way, when I get weeds in the lawn I just cut them when I mow and after awhile the don't come back its call the growing death, the spend all the energy trying to grow and end up killing them self.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to try this @IcyBC but have a question please. Being British I am aware that you and fellow Americans use cups as a measure but I'm not sure how much that is. Have you a weight or some other equivalent measure for me to use please?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would like to try this @IcyBC but have a question please. Being British I am aware that you and fellow Americans use cups as a measure but I'm not sure how much that is. Have you a weight or some other equivalent measure for me to use please?

One gallon = 3.785 L
One cup = 1/4 of a litre or 9 fluid ounces.

I hope this is the correct measurements, since upon looking up I realized that there is something called British Imperial measurements. If this is not right, Google will do a better job answering your questions :)

Reaction score
I've always used vinegar straight from the bottle and it kills weeks fast,it all so keeps the stray dogs from using my yard as a dumping spot one sniff and the go some place else to do their thing. they don't like the smell of it.

That is amazing! I will definitely use vinegar, sounds so nice and simple. By the way, I can vouch for the effect of vinegar has on dogs, we used it to repel dogs so they don't poo in certain places. It works great.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks IcyBC. :)

Metric or Imperial is fine and the fluid ounces come under Imperial measurement. Just to make things complicated the island still uses Imperial but the rest of Britain uses Metric, however being an oldie I prefer the Imperial anyway. :)

The island isn't part of the United Kingdom so it isn't governed by England or the stupid regulations of the European Union.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is amazing! I will definitely use vinegar, sounds so nice and simple. By the way, I can vouch for the effect of vinegar has on dogs, we used it to repel dogs so they don't poo in certain places. It works great.

I assume then that vinegar will have the same result for stray cats as well? There is a spot in my front garden that cats used as their little box, and I have to use bleach to just take the smell away. Will try vinegar now!

Reaction score
I assume then that vinegar will have the same result for stray cats as well? There is a spot in my front garden that cats used as their little box, and I have to use bleach to just take the smell away. Will try vinegar now!

You can try it and let me know how it goes (y) I haven't tried it with cats, but it does work with dogs. We always added some lemon juice to the mix as well. A little bit of water too, but not much. It did work, specially with the adults. They can't stand the smell.

Ask a Question