DSCI0007.JPG

DSCI0008.JPG

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
o_O I feel cheated! Pique my curiosity with a catchy thread title, and I didn't see any Beer!! ;)

:ROFLMAO:

:love: Beautiful pictures. I love the daffodils sitting on the fence rails! :love:
My porch rail is too rickety.:(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Zigs, if you please a few questions--the stone work at the corner of some of the buildings, I can't think of the name of the technique (Belgian something?) and it's keeping me awake at night!
Also, being in Texas, I have noticed in your village and church photos there is NO LITTER ANYWHERE! How on earth do the municipalities do that? I'd like to suggest the same method to Texas towns.
And finally, is all of England as lovely as your photos? So green, so serene, so beautiful. Of course, y'all have been at it a while, but it is a lovely and well-cared for land.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Also, being in Texas, I have noticed in your village and church photos there is NO LITTER ANYWHERE! How on earth do the municipalities do that?
I've just been assuming they hang litterbugs up by the fingernails. :eek:

It's probably not true, but the thought makes me very happy. :sneaky: :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
o_O I feel cheated! Pique my curiosity with a catchy thread title, and I didn't see any Beer!! ;)

:ROFLMAO:

:love: Beautiful pictures. I love the daffodils sitting on the fence rails! :love:
My porch rail is too rickety.:(

It got everyone last time I posted pics of the place :p

You need Acme porch rail strengthener :D

Zigs, if you please a few questions--the stone work at the corner of some of the buildings, I can't think of the name of the technique (Belgian something?) and it's keeping me awake at night!
Also, being in Texas, I have noticed in your village and church photos there is NO LITTER ANYWHERE! How on earth do the municipalities do that? I'd like to suggest the same method to Texas towns.
And finally, is all of England as lovely as your photos? So green, so serene, so beautiful. Of course, y'all have been at it a while, but it is a lovely and well-cared for land.

I just know it as Quoins or Long and Short work :)

Gives a wall strength when inferior stone is used, and Beer Stone is really soft, you could carve it with a knife.

I could show you a church on the North Devon coast that's surrounded by litter, just some towns have less scumbags than others.

We got some lovely places, but we got our fair share of orrible places too :(

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You beat me to it Beverly :D Did you see the old thread under this one? :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I asked Wiki, i thought at least we would get a shot of the Pub. Perhaps when you are out and about you could get some pics of some Pub signs and why are they called Pubs anyway...oh maybe short for "public house"?

I didn't see an old thread...i'll look:) Don't find an old thread:( Now i found it!:)(y)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Quoin, that's it! Heaven knows where I got Belgian, but thanks for clearing it up for me.
MaryMary, I have threatened to sit in the barn lot with my rifle, and take care of any litterers. I'd do it in a heartbeat, but my husband said he'd have to hire too many people to cover my chores while I was in "stir."

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Quoin, that's it! Heaven knows where I got Belgian, but thanks for clearing it up for me.
MaryMary, I have threatened to sit in the barn lot with my rifle, and take care of any litterers. I'd do it in a heartbeat, but my husband said he'd have to hire too many people to cover my chores while I was in "stir."

Might have been here :D

Ask a Question