5 New plants Unknow names

What are the names of these plants? Thank you

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Colombian14 - You're more than welcome and I thank you for your kind comments and yes I do have quite an extensive knowledge of plants in general - which is why I often get referred to by people that know me - as the walking talking plant encyclopedia lol

Although I agree that there is a very slight similarity between " Angel wing or cane begonias " and " Caladiums " - I still feel absolutely certain that your plant is a " Caladium " - not only due to the heart shape of the leaf but also due the markings - as well as the size and width of the leaf - which differs quite a bit from those of the various varieties of begonia - which are normally much slimmer in size with markings that are significantly different from those of the " Caladiums".

As you mentioned that you thought the two plants may well belong to the same family - they are in fact not related and the " Cane or Angel Wing Begonias " belong to the Begoniaceae family and the " Caladiums " to the Araceae family.

Where I got the photo from that matches your plant - is a difficult one - as I didn't use a particular website - because as
you saw from your pinterest link - there are hundreds and hundreds of different varieties of " Caladiums " and as I was aware of the fact - that they mostly come in amazing colors and there are very few green varieties - I just punched in " Green Caladiums " - which although doesn't sound very helpful - is the best I can offer :)

Reaction score
Thank you Becky. I will try your suggestions and we will see how the plants do. Another thing that might be the issue with the roses is that there a lot of dust in the air during the dry season. If I spray the leaves off in the morning do you think they will get black spot or mildew? Thank you again Becky

Hi. I should be an expert trying to deal with blackspot on roses. My understanding is that the leaves staying wet overnight is the main cause... and with the afternoon showers we get almost every day here in Louisiana in the summers, you can imagine I have my hands full dealing with my roses.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I've recently moved some aloe around because of discoloration and they are doing much better now. One would think succulents would be fine in full sun, but it really depends on where you live. I keep moving things around trying to find the best spots, but my begonias are really having a tough time of it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
I have quite a bit of aloe. I inherited it from my brother who found a sprig growing between the dresser and a wall, no dirt nothing, just growing. Now it is a huge pot. Anyway I take it outside in the warmer months and I noticed that it does darken considerably when it is outside. Almost to a brownish shade. Inside it is green with light bluish edges. At first I though water was the problem, now I am inclined to think maybe temperature is the issue. It is very cool inside, but summer was hot, even at night. Just my thoughts on why they change color.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The third photo on the OP, previously identified as Lampranthus is actually Ross-moss Purslane (Portulaca grandiflora) in the Purslane Family (Portulacaceae), native to South America and widely grown as a bedding annual, or perennial in warm climates.

Ask a Question