30 January 2016 Natto Dehydrating

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/2016/January 2016/30 January 2016 Natto Dehydrating/HTML/ 30 January 2016 Natto Dehydrating
A package, 673 grams,of previously fermented Natto was dehydrated at 115/46C, blended into a powder, and vacuum packed in 60 liter plastic bags. Sixty liters or two tablespoons being a reasonable serving. Apparently the temperature chosen does not destroy nutrients. The powdered Natto may be reconstituted in a liquid and ingested or used for a soup base. It should keep almost indefinitely at room temperature.
dsc_847430%20january%202016%20natto%20dehydrating_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The vacuum packed idea is starting to grow on me, and I would like to get one. Yours will preserve for a long time as it looks so air-tight!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
The vacuum packed idea is starting to grow on me, and I would like to get one. Yours will preserve for a long time as it looks so air-tight!

Vacuum packing is convenient. I tend to use it for dehydrated products and keep mostly in the freezer or refrigerator, since I have had no real requirement for keeping at room temperature. But the few times I have left products at room temperature they have kept a long time. They will still mold over time if not dry enough.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Durgan My daughter and her boyfriend made perogies over the Holidays and they vacuum packed them before freezing. I just love the idea of it of making ahead different foods and vacuum packed them to keep the air and moisture out before storing in the freezer. It would give us something to eat and save time when we have soccer practices or games.

Ask a Question