POTM January 2016 Winner

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations to @JBtheExplorer for winning the January Photo of the Month competition! (y)

6 JBtheExplorer.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Congratulations! That is a marvelous photo--nice composition, sharp, and a great subject.
Thanks!

Well deserved win - that's an incredible shot! All the detail in it is wonderful!
Thanks a lot! It is not often I get that close to a Hummingbird!

Beautiful shot! Is she sitting on a Tithonia sunflower?
Yes! Mexican Sunflower is the best Hummingbird attractor I have! Does good with bees and butterflies too.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Great Picture JB, That is a fantastic shot of a lovely moment(y) They are lovely Bird's Aren't they & that Mexican Sunflower just set's off the picture Perfect!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Congratulations on winning photo of the month. What a beautiful picture! It is so clear and congrats on getting that close to the hummingbird. I can't wait until the hummingbirds arrive back in Colorado.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's an extremely beautiful picture. I was amazed when I first saw it at he opening of the competition and I wondered if that bird was kinda posing for the camera. The photo is so alive and detailed in every aspect. I'm not big on photography but I really spent some amount of time taking this one in. Pure beauty.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's an extremely beautiful picture. I was amazed when I first saw it at he opening of the competition and I wondered if that bird was kinda posing for the camera. The photo is so alive and detailed in every aspect. I'm not big on photography but I really spent some amount of time taking this one in. Pure beauty.

Thanks a lot! It was seemingly a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Congratulations JBtheExplorer!:D It's a wonderful photo, I love everything about it. The little bird looks super cute, it makes my heart melt:)

Ask a Question