Not open for further replies.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Alp i hope that you had a good time with your relatives though.

This weather could go on into August.:eek: didn't rain very much last night.
Been having the bulb catalogues arriving and a rose catalogue.

Went to see Keith, he's doing alright. He asked me if i wanted to go every week, i said that I'd had to think about it. He likes me helping him with his card making.I checked with hubby and he doesn't mind,so i probably will. Hubby had to help him with his computer, but he managed to solve it over the phone.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My relatives had to drive from York to come down here - a lot of driving. From Exeter to Scotland and then fly back from Manchester. I think it has been very stressful for some of them.

If a catalogue comes, I send it to the bin straight away. Too tempting. Will be on holiday the end of the month and I am not looking forward to it. Might take a little fan with us. You never know.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes that's a lot of driving to do.

Like to buy the bulbs from the local garden centre, know what we're getting and cheaper.
I did ask for the rose one and i know what I'm going to get.:)

Yes it's best to take a fan with you.:)

Reactions: alp
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Done a bit of pointing for mum this afternoon. Planted out some bedding begonia - antirrhinum - tithonia to fill some gaps. Dug up the spuds, Arron Pilot are what I am growing this year, was hoping for a bigger yield this yearbut not so bad filled a 3 gallon builders bucket and some spuds were very well sized 15cm long approx, I rarely watered them so I may of got more if I kept on top of them. Chips for tea :) .

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Farmer Gracie has lovely bulbs and everything about its products and package are delightful. Peter Nyssen is also very good, as @Perki will tell you.

I don't think my potatoes are ready yet. I'm going to bed now. Hopefully, I will buy something nice tomorrow. Bought some delphiniums but don't know how to make them rebloom as I have chopped them down, but they look stagnant to me. Any tip, @Perki ?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes that's a lot of driving to do.

Like to buy the bulbs from the local garden centre, know what we're getting and cheaper.
I did ask for the rose one and i know what I'm going to get.:)

Yes it's best to take a fan with you.:)

Will definitely take a little fan.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've going to give peter nyysen a rest this year maybe:unsure: , bit disappointed with some plants and bulbs this year / last autumn. Hopefully I'll be going to Harrogate autumn flower show so I am expecting loads and loads of bulbs for sale :sneaky:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have had quite a few disappointment and some from Wilko - I bought a Mrs Perry oriental poppy with pink colour and it turned out to be another red. Very annoyed. A bigger eryngium from them turned out to be exactly the same as those I have already had.

Just finished some watering and it was hard work - mossies everywhere and I am now with several lumps and itches. I nearly want to scratch the skin off as it is so itchy.

I saw my visitor this morning - it was quite clumsy and hit quite a few pots and whatnots and made quite a bit of noise. So pleased to see it in my garden.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Just finished some watering and it was hard work - mossies everywhere and I am now with several lumps and itches. I nearly want to scratch the skin off as it is so itc
Morning all and alp, try rubbing elderberry leaves on your skin, supposed to be a insects repellent.
Thanks about the bulb catalogues, but i'll stick with the GC. Your delphinium might flower again in the autumn, but mine never did.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, Logan! It's a bit better now. I do have a bit of elderberry leaves outside. Might try that. Are you sure it's safe. Yes, best is go to GC to see and feel the bulbs. Your errand boy must know which ones are the best now! LOL! Also, it's nice to feel the vibe and buzz in gc. I get goosebumps every time I go to the one that I love. So many beautiful flowers. A treat for the eyes and soul. Wish I hadn't booked the holiday, must be terribly hot and I hate the heat.

I have lowered the price, but it might be a bit high still. Hard one to call.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, Logan! It's a bit better now. I do have a bit of elderberry leaves outside. Might try that. Are you sure it's safe.

That's good, don't put it on broken skin. I don't know if it's safe, try a skin patch test first.. I read it somewhere that it works.

Last edited:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
. Your errand boy must know which ones are the best now! LOL!
:LOL::LOL: yes it's nice having a errand boy, i ask him to get something and he does, but only in the week especially on Tuesdays. Pensioners discount.:LOL::LOL:

Got 4 lavender from Asda, through the week £2.00 each Just came in, they were still wrapped up in cling film on the trolley, had to water them they were dry.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Did you see my lavender. The flowers are huge and I planted it next to the echinops and purple hydrangea. Very pleased with it £2 as well. Lavenders are just perfect for this weather.

I'm very tired of snapping this beauty - Limelight

SAM_1059.JPG

SAM_1064.JPG

Oleander is very happy in the heat

Love the little florets in the middle - like little stars
SAM_1065.JPG

Self-seeded snapdragons

SAM_1066.JPG

Love this hydrangea, might get a red one to complete the picture

SAM_1068.JPG

Lavender with enormous flowers £2

SAM_1067.JPG

White echinacea 50p
SAM_1062.JPG

Agapanthus Could be Donau
SAM_1063.JPG

SAM_1060.JPG

Butterfly weed
SAM_1057.JPG
SAM_1058.JPG

Attachments

• SAM_1061.JPG
    SAM_1061.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes i did and it has huge flowers. Yes they don't mind the dry weather after they're established. Got loads of bees on them and that's why we're planting more and replacing some that are old and woody.

If you use elderberry leaves make sure that you wash your hands after, don't want it to get into your eyes

The bees like agapanthus and that's alright with the dry, but got mine in the border.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all!

Having breakfast in bed....thanks to my lovely hubs.
Didn't get back until very late last night from helping son and girlfriend move into their own first house.

What a day!! Their flat was on the 6th floor, and it was his girlfriend's and my job to bring all the packing boxes down to the lobby for son and hubs to load into the car. God knows how many car trips to their new house it took in the end ...or how many times we put the lifts out of use to other people because we filled them all up with boxes :LOL::ROFLMAO:...people were very good natured about it thankfully!!:)(y)

A tad stiff and tired today ,so a gentle day of deadheading for me I think:)(y)

Still no rain on the horizon, although we did get a drop or two Friday night but it didn't wet the soil really....think it evaporated on contact!!:(
Have a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question