2015 gardening plans?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I might end up growing lavender this year. I've gone too long without having a lavender plant. I used to keep them when I was single in Seattle. After moving to Indiana, it's been missing in my life.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Probably because Brusell Sprouts taste like something you just used to descale the kettle with.

They do not! My Brussels sprouts are very good! YOU just have to learn how to prepare them properly.

I might end up growing lavender this year. I've gone too long without having a lavender plant. I used to keep them when I was single in Seattle. After moving to Indiana, it's been missing in my life.

I started lavender from seed two years ago and I'm pleased to say it's still going. I started out with several plants, some didn't transplant well, and I lost some others due to weather conditions. The the two that survived are doing well, and I am starting to try and propagate them from cuttings.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
And Alfalfa, peas and Lentils :)
No, Alfalfa sprouts are almost as awful as pineapples:eek: They taste like very weird grass.
Lentils are delicious though, I'll definitely grow them. And radish sprouts! They're perfect with scrambled eggs:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I started lavender from seed two years ago and I'm pleased to say it's still going. I started out with several plants, some didn't transplant well, and I lost some others due to weather conditions. The the two that survived are doing well, and I am starting to try and propagate them from cuttings.

I never kept mine outdoor because of the higher humidity of the climate in Seattle, they've usually been indoors for me. They usually brightened up my apartment and made it smell nice. :) The only exception was my first year in Indiana when I planted some from seed outside since the summer/fall here is warm and dry. Hope your lavender thrives because it's my favorite plant and they smell so sweet.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
This has been the main topic of discussion between my husband and I :) We have been trying to decide what we are going to grow for 2015. We have limited options since unfortunately we can only grow off of our balcony but we know for sure that we are going to do potatoes, garlic, beans, peppers, broccoli, and I would love to try brusselsprouts.

Reaction score
I have to find another apartment for my daughter and I and then I'll move my small herb garden there and plant more herbs.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I plan to grow a salsa garden. I also want potatoes and cucumbers. 2 seasons ago, I grew so many tomatoes and cucumbers, it was pitiful. I love eating the cucumbers but the tomatoes was out of control. Last season, i tried the cucumber but had a smaller crop. I wonder what I did wrong. What is the best way to get the soil ready?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm planning on doing something with Angel's Trumpets this year. I adore the Nightshade family, and already have some D. Metel, and my mother has some beautiful D. Inoxia, so I'm sure I'll work something out! :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/URL/?HPFVA 7 August 2012 Datura metel (Devil’s Trumpet)
Devil’s Trumpet is a prodigious self seeder and it produces many seeds, but the plants are easily removed. There are two plants in these photos. The flowers remain for one day, but here are always new flowers and in great numbers.The flower is almost a perfectly white. Bees congregate around the flowers.All parts of the plant are hallucinogenic and dangerously so.Periodically a hysterical journalist writes an alarming article about the plant, but it is one of many that are hazardous if ingested.The flowers open in the late evening and remain until the Sun causes them to droop about 11 AM in my Zone 5.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We are currently collecting seeds from every vegetable and fruit we buy and have a list of seeds we want to buy. Around February, if we can get enough money together to do this, we are going to begin building grow boxes and create a green house of a sorts (out soil is poor and it is easier to just work with grow boxes then the fertilize the soil). We intend to grow at least 85% of what we consume if not 100%. We even want to grow vegetables that are not usually sold in regular grocery stores.

Reaction score
just a continuation of last year i guess. brought a small tiller to take a little more serious try at a food garden. planted a few more flowers (mostly a bunch of easter lily bulbs from the front yard) on my flower mound, try to get another flower mound going on the other side of the back yard, got a tree cut down in the front yard and just planted two magnolias and two snowball bushes this week, try to clean up my backyard living area some (which includes trying to fill it out more with plants/flowers), and hopefully a little more guerilla gardening when i think i can get away with it.

Ask a Question