Last few tomatoes of 2015

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Not been in the greenhouse for a bit so was rather pleased to find these still hanging on :)

DSCN2378.JPG

Lobbed some of them in a curry along with the Land Cress and Leaf beet :)

DSCN2381.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Oh gosh, they are hanging on well at this time of year! We lost all ours around late September. Granted, we don't have a greenhouse set up, but that might be something I need to look into, since we eat tomatoes like they're going out of fashion! :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like we've had a touch of frost in there as the Aubergine plant is dead, but it's surprising what a bit of protection can do :)

There's even a few self seeded tomato plants coming up, don't expect they'll make it thru the winter though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh the color yellow of those tomatoes look so pretty, but a nice salad would be so much more satisfying for sure!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They look great! I don't think I've ever eaten yellow tomatoes. I saw some at the store, but chose red ones, because I wasn't in the mood for experiments;)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Will do a salad with the last ones tomorrow, curry is easier when you'm only got one pot to cook in, all goes in the same thing :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
They look great! I don't think I've ever eaten yellow tomatoes. I saw some at the store, but chose red ones, because I wasn't in the mood for experiments;)

The yellow ones taste a slightly different colour to the red ones :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank **** you didn't ask where I have a dump :D

Reaction score
They look so big and juicy! Mmmmmm! I have never seen those over here though, do they taste differently from the red ones? Maybe a little bit more acidic? I've tried the green ones and they can be so acid, specially if they are too big.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
They look so big and juicy! Mmmmmm! I have never seen those over here though, do they taste differently from the red ones? Maybe a little bit more acidic? I've tried the green ones and they can be so acid, specially if they are too big.
Orange and yellow tomatoes tend to be sweeter, with less acidity

Ask a Question